The Lukens Company (TLC) is an award-winning full-service direct response agency that is seeking an Accounting Clerk to join our team in our Arlington, VA office. The Accounting Clerk will keep financial records updated, prepare reports, and reconcile bank statements. They will run accounting software programs to process business transactions, such as accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers, and receipts. Ultimately, this position will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Accounting Clerk - East Coast
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Accurately prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings, and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Enter daily financial transactions key data in database
- Research, track, and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures, and applicable laws
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Constantly update job knowledge
WHAT WE'D LIKE TO SEE
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts Receivable Clerk or Accounts Payable Clerk
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases, and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous detail-orientation
- Knowledge of office systems and procedures
- Ability to learn new technology systems quickly
- Sage experience desirable but not required
- High school degree
- Associates degree or relevant certification is a plus!
- Desire to work for a values-driven company that seeks to improve the world for the better
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Generous PTO and holiday observances
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances
- 401(k) program with match
- Paid parental leave
- Free parking
- Free gym in the office building
- Cafe in the office building
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking, and diverse team excited about producing high quality work and delivering great results for our clients
The Lukens Company (TLC) is an award-winning full-service direct response agency that provides expert marketing and fundraising services to nonprofits, cultural organizations, advocacy groups, and political causes. We are a passionate team of creatives who partner with mission-driven organizations seeking innovative digital, data, and technology strategies to achieve bold goals that change the world for the better. Our 30+ years of experience across a diverse client base enables us to deliver unique, compelling marketing campaigns that captivate audiences and yield transformative results… all while being delivered with an unparalleled commitment to our clients’ missions. Join us!
The Lukens Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
READY TO APPLY?
If interested, email email@example.com with “Accounting Clerk” in the subject line and include your resume and salary requirements.