Morey Group is a national market research and consulting firm specializing in the unique needs of cultural attractions and nonprofit organizations that is seeking a Director of Business Development to join our team based in our Charleston, SC office. The Senior Account Director will be responsible for building our nationwide roster of valued clients.
Director of Business Development - Morey Group
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Working to develop annual sales plans as well as strategic plans consistent with our long-term vision
- Developing a sales pipeline and managing your own sales and client acquisition process, including lead generation and primary prospect pursuits
- Spearheading the creation, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes agency-wide
- Building relationships with influential individuals and institutions across the spectrum of nonprofits
- Collaborating with account team personnel at The Lukens Company (our parent company) on client acquisition strategies
- Maintaining appropriate risk management, ethical integrity, and internal control
- Monitoring implementation of initiatives, measuring achievement against objectives, and modifying plans as conditions warrant
WHAT WE'D LIKE TO SEE
- 5 – 8 years of experience with non-profit marketing agencies, museums, aquariums, historical sites, performing arts centers, or other nonprofits
- Extensive rolodex of contacts within the world of cultural attractions and non-profits
- Excellent communications and organization skills
- Adept at problem solving and resolving conflicts
- Self-starter with demonstrated capability to mange multiple projects and think on your feet
- Comfortable working independently and holding yourself accountable
- Passion for our mission and making the world a healthier, happier, safer place for ourselves, people around the world, and the next generation
- Survey research experience is a plus!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Generous PTO and holiday observances
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances
- 401(k) program
- Paid maternity leave
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking, and diverse team excited about producing high quality work and delivering great results for our clients
Morey Group is a national market research and consulting firm specializing in the unique needs of cultural attractions and nonprofit organization. Since 1985, Morey Group has worked on over 3,000 projects for more than 200 organizations in the U.S. and Canada, delivering insightful, accurate, and timely analysis and recommendations through our audience acquisition studies, member surveys, donor surveys, visitor surveys, pricing optimization studies, and focus groups. Our extensive experience and client list allow us to benchmark results and offer time-tested insight into what works (and what doesn’t). Morey Group is based out of Charleston, SC.
In July 2012, Morey Group became the research division of The Lukens Company (TLC), an award-winning full-service direct response agency that has been providing marketing and fundraising services to political and non-profit clients for over 30 years. The Lukens Company innovatively uses digital, data, and technology to support the fundraising and marketing efforts of political, advocacy, non-profits, and cultural attractions organizations. We are dedicated to our mission of innovating ideas, inspiring actions, and getting results for our clients and are passionate about making the world a healthier, happier, safer place for ourselves, people around the world, and the next generation. Join us!
The Lukens Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
READY TO APPLY?
If interested, email email@example.com with “Director of Business Development” in the subject line and include your resume and salary requirements.