Are you interested in advancing your marketing career in a way that takes full advantage of your unique experience and contacts among non-profits of all kinds, including museums, aquariums, performing arts centers, historic sites and more? If you have 5-8 years’ experience with these or other non-profits, this position might be for you!
Director of Business Development (Morey Group)
Since 1985, Morey Group has worked on over 3,000 projects for more than 200 organizations in the U.S. and Canada, delivering insightful, accurate, and timely analysis and recommendations through our audience acquisition studies, member surveys, donor surveys, visitor surveys, pricing optimization studies, and focus groups.
Specializing in market research for cultural attractions and non-profit organizations, our extensive experience and client list allow us to benchmark results and to offer time-tested insight into what works (and what doesn’t).
Morey Group is based out of Charleston, South Carolina. In July 2012, Morey Group became the research division of The Lukens Company, a multi-channel direct response marketing agency based in Arlington, Virginia.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working to develop annual sales plans as well as strategic plans consistent with our long-term vision.
- Developing a sales pipeline and managing your own sales and client acquisition process, including lead generation and primary prospect pursuits.
- Spearheading the creation, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes agency-wide.
- Building relationships with influential individuals and institutions across the spectrum of nonprofits.
- Collaborating with account team personnel at The Lukens Company (our parent company) on client acquisition strategies.
- Maintaining appropriate risk management, ethical integrity, and internal control.
- Monitoring implementation of initiatives, measuring achievement against objectives, and modifying plans as conditions warrant.
What we’d like to see:
- You have 5-8 years’ experience with non-profit marketing agencies, museums/aquariums/historical sites/performing arts centers, or other nonprofits.
- You’ve built extensive contacts within the world of cultural attractions and non-profits.
- You understand the importance of communication skills and have a knack for problem solving.
- You’re not flustered by multi-tasking and you know how to get organized.
- You’re comfortable working independently and holding yourself accountable.
- Survey research experience is a plus!
Ready to Apply?
If interested, please email resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Director of Business Development” in the subject line.
Morey Group, based out of Charleston, SC, currently seeks a Director of Business Development to help build our nationwide roster of valued clients. We offer competitive salaries and a full-benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance, a 401(k), and more.
The Lukens Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.